Wednesday, July 21, 2010

First trip around the sun

I’m not sure about you, but this past year has flown by for me. I swear it was only last week I was in the hospital giving birth, and now my bouncing baby boy is one! I have previous knowledge of how fast time goes when you are enjoying your baby, but this last year must have set a speed record. I can barely remember any of it…


From a hefty 9.5lber a year ago to a 21.5lber today, I guess there have been some changes. Our little guy is right on track for all of the things a baby should be doing and has managed to worm his way so far into our hearts that we would be incomplete without him. He is not yet a walker, but he does know how to feel up a wall… he crawls like nobody’s business and can out-eat his sister. And it must be pretty cool to be able to have a BFF when you’re one, and when you’re four, it’s also pretty neat to know that your brother thinks you’ve hung the moon. Mom and Dad are pretty proud of the whole situation and are so happy to be able to be a part of these neat little lives growing up in front of us.


For the big day sissy was more excited than little brother. Presents were given right away and then the necessities of the morning could be taken care of. Having a big sister also ensures that all of the presents given to T. under go through testing to guarantee little brother will be safe when he finally gets the chance to play with them.


For T.’s first bite of sugar (cringe) he had a vegan vanilla cake with vegan butter cream frosting and strawberries. I think he liked it…

The following Saturday we had a small get together at the local Neiderbusch park to celebrate the occasion. A piñata was pulled and there was enough candy there to keep all of the kids abuzz for days. It was a good time had by all and a pleasant memory for me to tuck away…
It was hot! (he stole this water by the way)





He helped himself to cake...

And the link to all of the photos: Here

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Wow, I can't believe he's already a year old! Happy birthday to Taylor & congrats to you, Mama! :)
And, I know exactly what you mean about you two kiddos; I love that my kids have each other every day. Even though they argue & fight sometimes, in the end, it still gives me such joy to know that they are the closest of friends!